Friday 8 May 2009

Unspoken Downunder

A few photos from my Australia trip. I tried really hard not to dash into every bookstore we passed, but I just couldn't help it. After travelling twelve thousand miles, I really wanted to see it on the shelves. And it wasn't upside-down.






Youngest She-Devil found her favourite author's book - Chris d'Lacey's Fire Star.




Eldest son, who blanked the camera for the entire holiday, getting stuck in to Unspoken.


Unspoken on Headline in Sydney's reception shelves - with another of Chris's dragon books, Icefire, sitting above.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be such a good feeling, seeing your books on shelves.. *and* in another country! :D

Rod Duncan said...

Wonderful. :-)

Have you seen my Chris d'Lacey vid on YouTube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ_i9Png4CA

A teaser taster for Dark Fire.

Sam Hayes said...

It's great, Michelle. Sometimes I have to pinch myself!

Thanks, Rod :-) Yes, I did see your video. It's so great! You clever thing, you. My girls can't wait to get their hands on Dark Fire.

Sam xx

DJ Kirkby said...

That must have been such a great moment. The photos are fab.

Sam Hayes said...

Thank you DJ :-) It was fun, yes.